Pumpkin pie is a traditional dessert, often eaten during the autumn and winter - especially for Thanksgiving and Christmas. One of the biggest producers of pumpkin is North America and also here was found the oldest evidence of pumpkin. In United States in cold months is all about pumpkin: pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin sweets and pumpkin beer. Even Starbucks sells Pumpkin Spice Latte as a seasonal product.
Our friend Bori got this amazing pumpkin pie recipe form one of ther American friends and she decided to bake it for our Christmas dinner. Once again – thank you for introducing to us this traditional and delicious dessert!
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 small pumpkin, roasted
- 240ml heavy cream
- 120ml milk
How to prepare Pumpkin Pie?
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in cream and milk. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 170 degrees; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.)
1. Sauté ground beef, onion, and garlic with a little bit of oil for about 5-10min.
2. Add spices, tomato paste and beef broth.
3. Simmer, covered for about 3 hours (I cook it usually 20-30 minutes in pressure cooker).
4. Add beans and cook it for another 15min.
5. Serve with sour cream and shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
And how to prepare Roasted Pumpkin?
1. Cut pumpkin in half
2. Roast each half with the fleshy side down.
3. Roast at 220 degrees for 45 minutes- 1 hour or until you can easily poke a fork into it.