Potato pancakes in my family were served mostly on Fridays. They are easy to make and taste delicious! Polish serve them with sour cream, so savory.
Polish potato pancakes
- 4 potaoes large
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- Grate potatoes finely, chop the onion and put them into a large bowl. Drain off any liquid.
- Add egg, salt, and black pepper and flour.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium high heat and place one tablespoon of potato mixture so the pancake is 0,5 cm thick and round.
- Fry until golden brown each side.
- Repeat until you use all mixture.
Are you going on a trip to Poland? Do you already know what to eat in Poland? If no you are in the right place! We have prepared a video for you where we are showing and explaining TRADITIONAL POLISH dishes:
If you are interested in traditional food, please subscribe to our channel and turn on the notification bell so each time when we publish a new video, you will be informed!