Coconut rice is a sweet-savory rice served in Colombia to all seafood and fish dishes, including soups. It was very confusing for me (Europeans…) at the beginning, because I didn´t really know how to eat it. Should I have put the rice in the soup or eat it as a side dish?
For all of you who are confused: In any case you eat it on the side!
- 200g long-grain white rice
- 200ml water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 100g toasted coconut flakes
How to prepare Coconut Rice?
1. Place rice, water, coconut milk, sugar and the salt in pan and bring it to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan and simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
3. Sprinkle the rice with the toasted coconut and serve warm.