Every Christmas Eve my mother prepers that soup as a starter. I guess like half of the mothers in Poland:) Just to not confuse you – there is another traditional soup served on Christmas Eve: beetroot soup. But today is all about mushrooms! This year on Christmas dinner with our friends we prepared it and everybody loved it! The recipe is written especially for those of you who are still waiting for it to be publish. Enjoy!
Polish Christmas mushroom soup
- 200 g ceps dried
- 2 mushroom stock cubes
- 200 g lazanki or other small pasta
- 100 g cream
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- salt & pepper
- Soak ceps in 1l water over night.
- Add 0,5L broth to mushrooms and water. Cook in steam cooker for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta in the separate pot al dente.
- Remove the cooked mushrooms from the water and cut them into small pieces. Put them back to the top.
- Add cooked pasta and cream.
- Cook it for another 5 minutes. Add parsley and serve immediately.
Are you going on a trip to Poland? Do you already know what to eat in Poland? If no you are in the right place! We have prepared a video for you where we are showing and explaining TRADITIONAL POLISH dishes:
If you are interested in traditional food, please subscribe to our channel and turn on the notification bell so each time when we publish a new video, you will be informed!