Every Christmas Eve my mother prepers that soup as a starter. I guess like half of the mothers in Poland:) Just to not confuse you – there is another traditional soup served on Christmas Eve: beetroot soup. But today is all about mushrooms! This year on Christmas dinner with our friends we prepared it and everybody loved it! The recipe is written especially for those of you who are still waiting for it to be publish. Enjoy!
Polish Christmas mushroom soup
- 20 g ceps dried
- 500 ml broth mushroom or vegetable
- 100 g lazanki or other small pasta
- 100 g cream
- 1 tsp parsley chopped, for serving
- salt & pepper
- Cover dried ceps with water in a medium pot (3l) and soak them for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Add the broth to pot. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta in the separate pot al dente.
- Remove the cooked mushrooms from the water with a skimmer spoon and cut them into small pieces. Put them back in the pot.
- Add cooked pasta and cream.
- Cook it for another 5 minutes. Add parsley and serve immediately.
Are you going on a trip to Poland? Do you already know what to eat in Poland? If no you are in the right place! We have prepared a video for you where we are showing and explaining TRADITIONAL POLISH dishes:
If you are interested in traditional food, please subscribe to our channel and turn on the notification bell so each time when we publish a new video, you will be informed!