I love how German restaurants offer seasonal dishes. As soon as the white asparagus time is over the Germans start eating chanterelle – and that’s in many possible combinations. My grandmother couldnt imagine cooking a soup without cream in it – lucky me! Therefore I love all creamy soups. Even small amount of cream in a soup can improve its flavor significatly.
Chanterelle can be served as a vegetarian dish with Knödel, with pork chops and Spätzle, in a salad or as a soup. If I had to decide what combination is my favorite, I couldn’t. They are one of my favorite mushrooms: I can eat anything with them 🙂
For the beginning of chanterelle season, I decided to share with you mine favorite chanterelle soup, which is very creamy and tasty. Go ahead and try it this summer!
Creamy Chanterelle Soup
- 1 l broth beef
- 350 g chanterelle clean & chopped
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 garlic minced
- 0,5 bunch parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt & papper
- Preheat the pan with oil. Add chopped mushrooms and fry them on low heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped onion and flour and stir for another minute.
- Add beef broth and leave cooking for another few minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic and cook without lid for 20min on the medium heat.
- Stir in crème fraîche. Serve with chopped parsley.