This was the first seafood soup i have tried in my life. While visiting Colombia, my friend Maja who is now on her journey through South America recommended this dish. And she was right – Cazuela de Mariscos is one of meals you need to try. For different reasons Colombia for most people is not on the list of places that they want to go to, but nothing stays on their way to try Colombian food! On Friday we have organized Colombian dinner and all our guests loved it! We served coconut lemonade, seafood stew and cheesecake with guava paste.
But anyway, here it is: Seafood Stew recipe – Colombian style.
Time to prepare: 30min
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 green pepper
- 2 red pepper
- 3 onions
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 4 grated carrot
- 0,5l of vegetable or fish bouillon
- 5 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 800ml cream
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1kg peeled shrimps
- 400g mussels
- 1kg fish, cutted into small pieces
- 10g fresh coriander
- 10g fresh parsley
How to prepare Colombian Seafood Stew?
1. Chop onions and peppers.
2. Place butter over medium heat into saucepan, as soon as it melts add carrots, onions and peppers and sauté until tender.
3. Add fish/veg bullion, cream, coconut milk and wait till the broth boils.
4. Place fish and shrimps in frying pan and fry them for about 3 minutes. Add fish, shripms, mussels, tomato paste and wine to the soup and simmer it for 20 minutes.
5. Add coriander and parsley, serve hot with patacon chips or coconut rice.