This is a classic dish that everybody should try during autumn. It’s getting colder outside and we are more keen to eat soups. The pumpkin soup with its nutty flavor it became on of my favorite dishes during this time of a year.
This recipe is pretty basic, simple but very delicious. I think that some dishes should actually stay this way. It’s creamy and still low in calories and trust me thats exactly what you need this time in a year! I hope you will enjoy the recipe and you will let me know about that. I wish everybody lovely sunday!
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 pumpkin Small (500g)
- 1 onion chopped
- 750 ml vegetable broth
- 1 glas milk
- 200 g coconut milk
- 1 pinch cayanne pepper
- butter for frying
Prepare the pumpkin
- Wash the pumpin and remove the seeds.
- Cut into 2cm cubes.
Prepare the soup
- Fry the onions on butter on medium heat until tender.
- Add broth to it and wait until the mixture is boiling.
- Put pumpkin pices and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes. Check from time to time with the fork if the pumpkin is tender.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and milk to it. If you like more thick soups, leave out the milk.
- Season with salt and cayanne pepper.
- Serve hot.