Thats another dish (out of 12) that we Poles put on the Christmas table. Traditionally we do not eat meat on the Christmas Eve therefore we eat a lot of fish, cabbage and mushrooms. You can eat is cold as well as hot and the dish taste better when left over night in the fridge.
Fish with carrots
- 500 g fish filets cod, walleye, hake
- 3 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1/8 celery
- 1 leek
- 2 grains allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 100 ml broth
- 2 tbsp butter for frying
- salt & pepper
- Take your fish fillets, season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Fry about 5 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Grate carrots, pasnip and celery.
- Cut leek in half vertically and chop it.
- Fry the vegetables with butter on low heat. after 5 minutes add broth, bay leaf and allspice. Fry till vegetables are tender. Add tomato puree and season with salt and pepper.
- Take a deep bowl and make a layer of fish and layer of vegetables and so on till ingretients finish.
- Serve hot or cold.
Are you going on a trip to Poland? Do you already know what to eat in Poland? If no you are in the right place! We have prepared a video for you where we are showing and explaining TRADITIONAL POLISH dishes:
If you are interested in traditional food, please subscribe to our channel and turn on the notification bell so each time when we publish a new video, you will be informed!