Here I would love to introduce you to another amazing and traditional polish dish. Gołąbki are cabbage rolls stuffed with rice, pork and beef. In the neighborhood countries the stuffed cabbage rolls are also know – but nobody makes them as we do.
Polish stuffed cabbage rolls with meat
- 10 leaves cabbage
- 2 onions large
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp lard
- 500 g minced meat pork anf beef
- 200 g rice cooked al dente
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- salt and pepper
- 0,7 l bouillon
- 150 g tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- salt & pepper
- Chop onions and fry them over medium heat on butter with lard.
- Put rice, ground pork and beef, garlic, salt, pepper and onion in one bowl and mix them together.
- Core the head of cabbage and boil it for about 5 minutes. As soon as the cabbage will lose the leaves you can start taking them out. Remember: remove 1 leaf at a time and be careful so you don’t break them.
- Fill the cabbage leaves with rice-meat mixture.
- Fold them over horizontally and then bring in the sides of leaf to make a pocket – like shown on the picture.
- Put them together with a bullion into pressure cooker (max 5) and cook them for 20min.
- As soon as all rolls are cooked make from the rest of the bullion tomato sauce by adding tomato paste, sour cream, salt and pepper.
Are you going on a trip to Poland? Do you already know what to eat in Poland? If no you are in the right place! We have prepared a video for you where we are showing and explaining TRADITIONAL POLISH dishes:
If you are interested in traditional food, please subscribe to our channel and turn on the notification bell so each time when we publish a new video, you will be informed!