I am promising you – this will be delicious!
I have been messing around with fajitas for a while now. To my favorites belong beef, pork, pork and beef fajitas. My adventure with that dish started 4 years ago, when I was leaving in London and working as a hostess in great Mexican restaurant in Convent Garden – Café Pacifico. Every day for half year I was eating this amazing food and wondering, if I could be able to make it one day myself. I gain all the information from our Mexican chefs and tried cooking it. I was striving for perfection each time I tried. And I did it! I cook it for family, friends and at home for my beloved one at least once a two months, as they deserve the best.
Preparation time: 40 min
Ingrediants – fajitas
- 500g pork
- 4 tortillas
- 2 red peppers
- 3 onions
- Sour cream
- 200g cheese (I used gouda)
- 4 tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Mexican served fajitas also with black bean spread, I am not such a fan of it, but of somebody is, I can recommend this recipe.
Let´s get started!
How to prepare pork fajitas?
1. Cut the pork into slices, marinate it and leave it for 2 hours in a frigde. In th meantime chop tomatoes and half of an onion. Add salt and papper, put it into bowl.
2. Put the meat in the pan and fry with oil on a medium heat for 10 min. As soon as the meat is done, put it in a bowl.
3.Slice the peppers and rest of onions.
4. Add tablespoon of oil to the frying pan and as soon as the oil is hot add the onions and peppers and cook the vegetables for 10min.
5. Add the meat to vegetables and leave it in the pan for 2 minutes.
6. Grate cheese.
7. Serve it with warm fajitas, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes & onions.
How to eat pork fajitas?
There is few different ways of eating fajitas. On the picture below you can see two methods: closed (german) and messy (polish) one:)