Lobster tastes amazing and I hope you also agree with that. In the past lobster was a mark of poverty: it was eaten by servatns, lower members of society and prisoners. In the book from Mark Henderson “How lobster went up in the world” we can read that servants specified in employment agreements that they would not eat lobster more than twice per week. Lobster as a fine dining dish started being popular in mid 19th century in New York and Boston.
Time to prepare: over 1h
- 2 lobsters
- 4 cubes of vegetable stock
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- juice of one lemon
- small onion, chopped
- 175 ml dry white wine
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 1,5 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
How do I prepare boiled lobster?
1. Before you boil the lobster make sure you have pot where the lobster fits.
2. Fill the pot with water, place vegetables and stock cubes cook it about 10 minutes.
3. Make sure that you don’t remove rubber bands from the lobster claws.
4. Grab the lobster around the body and put into the boiling water (claws first) and boil it around 15-20 minutes.
How do I prepare wine dipping sauce for lobster?
1. Heat up butter in the sauce pan.
2. Add chopped onion, wait until tender.
3. Add the wine and lemon juice and simmer until the wine evaporates.
4. In a separate bowl combine water and flour, add the mixture to the saucepan.
5. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring the sauce.
6. Serve warm with your lobsters.